Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Argentine tango

There is a very small tango community where I live (I feel I do not need to say "Argentine" tango since that is the tango, other flavors need adjectives). It got going a few years ago and while we were all true beginners we were together.

As we progressed and developed skills and tastes we diverged into two or three sub-communities, each being quite small and each organizing its own dance and practice events. Nothing particularly wrong with that, it seems like a natural development. However ...

What is becoming a problem for me is that there is now a very limited number of partners with whom I'd like to dance and very little progress is made other than in a very small circle (I regularly practice with two partners and have a practica with 3-4 other dancers).

So, I'd like more tango opportunities and better quality too. I will need to travel more, I suppose, to neighboring communities.

No comments: