Saturday, November 22, 2008

El Adiós

I recently revisited "El Adiós," this beautiful tango composed in 1937 and performed and danced by many.

My favourite interpretation for dancing is that of Edgardo Donato with Horacio Lagos singing just one verse. To hear all verses sung I listen to Ignacio Corsini's recording in 1938. Beautiful!

But what really made me return to it was the clip of Osvaldo y Coca dancing it in El Beso in Buenos Aires.



There are many things beautiful about their dance, but what sticks out the most is the feeling of love and care that they radiate as they dance. They are among friends who adore them and it is felt. I have seen Osvaldo and Coca dance several times in person and what you see on that video clip is the real thing -- that's how they are.

One little detail that was missing in this clip is a little peck on the lips they usually exchange before dancing which makes them even so much more special and dear.

No comments: